- 1 single serve READ 3 Bean Salad Cup
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning, optional
- 2 to 3 ounces cooked chicken (see note)
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil, thinly sliced
Makes 1 serving.
- Drain salad cup. Place salad on plate or in shallow bowl.
- Top with tomatoes; sprinkle with Italian seasoning, if desired. Add chicken; toss to combine. Sprinkle with cheese and basil.
Note: For chicken, use refrigerated grilled chicken strips, leftover cooked chicken or rotisserie chicken torn into shreds or cut into strips or thin slices. Recipe can be doubled.
- Substitute cooked shrimp for chicken.
- Use rosemary, oregano, chives, parsley or other favorite herbs in place of basil.
- Try other seasoning blends such as no-salt added, Mediterranean, etc.
- Sprinkle minced garlic over tomatoes.
Per serving: 200 calories; 20 g protein; 16 g carbohydrate; 6 g total fat; 300 mg sodium; 50 mg cholesterol; 3 g dietary fiber; 2 mg iron; 0.07 mg thiamin; 823 IU vitamin A; 16 mg vitamin C.