- 1 can (15 ounces) READ 3 or 4 Bean Salad
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons canned chipotle in adobo, divided (1 tablespoon adobo sauce; 1 pepper, minced)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt (or to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup diced chicken, cooked (leftover or rotisserie)
- 1/4 cup finely sliced green onions
- 4 leaves Bibb lettuce
Makes 4 servings.
1. Drain bean salad; reserve 2 tablespoons liquid.
2. To prepare dressing, in small bowl whisk together reserved liquid, lime juice, 1 tablespoon adobo sauce, mustard, salt and pepper. Whisk in oil until completely combined. Stir in cilantro; set aside.
3. In medium bowl, combine bean salad, quinoa, chicken, onions and minced chipotle pepper. Add dressing; toss gently.
4. Divide bean salad mixture equally among lettuce cups.
Per serving (1/4 of recipe): 300 calories; 14 g protein; 28 g carbohydrate; 14 g fat; 390 mg sodium; 30 mg cholesterol; 4 g dietary fiber; 3 mg iron; 0.11 mg thiamin; 580 IU vitamin A; 7 mg vitamin C.