- 1 can (15 ounces) READ3 or 4 Bean Salad
- 1/2 cup halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 small cucumber (4 to 5 inches long) cut in half lengthwise, then thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons prepared hummus
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon za'atar seasoning blend
Makes 6 (approx. 1/2-cup) servings
- Drain bean salad. Discard liquid. Place bean salad in large bowl.
- For dressing, combine hummus, lemon juice and za’tar seasoning; set aside.
- Add tomatoes, cucumber, onions, parsley, mint, garlic and red pepper flakes to bean salad. Toss to combine. Add dressing to salad just before serving; toss to combine well. Serve immediately or chilled.
Note: For sandwich, spoon salad into pita halves.
Nutrition information per serving (1/6 of recipe): 55 calories; 2g protein; 11g carbohydrate; less than 1g fat; 130mg sodium; 0mg cholesterol; 2g dietary fiber; 1.27mg iron; 0.03mg thiamin; 701.36IU vitamin A; 13.10mg vitamin C.