Recipe courtesy of Dinner, Dishes and Desserts
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breast cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken stock
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) READ Southwestern Bean Salad
- Crispy tortilla strips
- Shredded Cheddar cheese
- Diced avocado
Makes 6 (approx. 1-1/2 cup) servings.
- In large saucepan or Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and onion. Cook 5 to 6 minutes or until chicken is browned and the onions are soft, stirring occasionally. Add garlic; cook 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Stir in enchilada sauce, chicken stock, tomatoes and bean salad. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Serve with toppings, if desired.
Nutrition information per serving (1/6 of recipe): 285 calories; 24g protein; 28g carbohydrate; 8g fat; 1280mg sodium; 44mg cholesterol; 7g dietary fiber; 15.42mg iron; 0.05mg thiamin; 817.70IU vitamin A; 4.54mg vitamin C.