- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 pound extra lean ground turkey breast
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried thyme leaves, garlic powder, ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 can (15 ounces) READ German Potato Salad
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 2 cups frozen or canned mixed vegetables (thaw if frozen; drain if canned)
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
Makes 6 servings.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add turkey and seasonings. Cook 5 to 7 minutes, until cooked through, stirring occasionally and breaking turkey into large crumbles.
- Stir in potato salad and sour cream. Add vegetables; stir to combine. Spoon in 2-quart casserole dish sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Toss together bread crumbs and remaining 1 teaspoon oil. Sprinkle over casserole. Bake 30 minutes or until bubbly and heated through.
Per serving (1/6 of recipe): 259 calories; 18 g protein; 31 g carbohydrate; 8 g fat; 491 mg sodium; 38 mg cholesterol; 3 g dietary fiber; 2 mg iron; 0.10 mg thiamin; 2830 IU vitamin A; 7 mg vitamin C.