- 1 can (15 ounces) READ 3 or 4 Bean Salad
- 2 cups vegetables, cut into thin strips*
- 1/4 cup very thinly sliced red onion, optional
- Cracked black pepper
- Chopped parsley, optional
- 2 tablespoons reserved bean salad liquid
- 1 tablespoon apple cider or wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
Makes 4 servings.
- Drain bean salad; reserve 2 tablespoons liquid.
- For dressing, combine reserved bean salad liquid, vinegar, oil and garlic. Whisk until combined.
- In large bowl, toss together drained bean salad, vegetables and onion, if desired. Toss with dressing. Season with black pepper and stir in chopped parsley, if desired. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
*Cut vegetables into thin strips about 2 x 1/4 inch. Vegetables can be one or a combination of: carrot, celery, bell pepper, cucumber, zucchini, yellow squash, or other favorite vegetable.
Per serving (1/4 of recipe): 100 calories; 1 g protein; 14 g carbohydrate; 0 g fat; 200 mg sodium; 0 mg cholesterol; 3 g dietary fiber; 1 mg iron; 0 mg thiamin; 2674 IU vitamin A; 13 mg vitamin C.