- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, cut into thin slivers
- 1 red or green bell pepper or a combination, cut into thin strips (lengthwise)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) READ potato salad
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Salt to taste
Makes about 6 servings.
- Heat olive oil in large (12-inch) nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion, peppers and garlic. Cook, stirring often until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add potato salad and crushed red pepper. Heat through, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in parsley and salt to taste.
Note: If desired, stir in cooked smoked sausage, cut into rounds or cubed cooked ham to make a main dish.
Per serving (1/6 of recipe): 110 calories; 1 g protein; 18 g carbohydrate; 3.5 g fat; 360 mg sodium; less than 5 mg cholesterol; 1 g dietary fiber; 1 mg iron; 0 mg thiamin; 670 IU vitamin A; 15 mg vitamin C.