- 1 pound ground beef (90% lean) or ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) READ German Potato Salad
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, well drained
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese, divided
Makes 4 servings.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook ground beef, onion, garlic and thyme in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until beef is no longer pink; drain. (Beef should be left in large crumbles.) Season with salt, if desired, and pepper.
- Stir in potato salad and tomatoes. Cook over medium heat until liquid is reduced and thickened, about 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1 cup cheese and spoon mixture into an ungreased 11-1/2 x 8 x 2-inch (2-quart) baking dish. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and bake, uncovered, in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until bubbly. Remove from the oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Per serving (using 90% lean ground beef): 476 calories; 36 g protein; 33 g carbohydrate; 22 g fat; 682 mg sodium; 110 mg cholesterol; 2 g dietary fiber; 3 mg iron; >1 mg thiamin; 933 IU Vitamin A; 15 mg Vitamin C.