- 2 cups uncooked rotini pasta
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 1 can (15 ounces) READ 3 Bean Salad, drained
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup fresh mozzarella bocconcini (cut balls in halves or quarters)*
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts, optional
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded fresh Parmesan cheese
Makes 6 (1 cup) servings.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse under cold running water. In bowl, combine pesto with pasta to coat well.
- Combine pasta with drained bean salad. Stir in tomatoes and mozzarella, refrigerate. To serve, sprinkle walnuts and cheese over top.
*3/4 cup of any type of mozzarella may be substituted for the bocconcini.
Per serving (1/6 of recipe): 316 calories; 34 g carbohydrate; 11 g protein; 15 g fat; 527 mg sodium; 13 mg cholesterol; 3 g dietary fiber; 2 mg iron; <1 mg thiamin; 395 IU Vitamin A; 5 mg Vitamin C.