- 2 teaspoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1 medium red or yellow onion, cut into 1/2-inch thick wedges
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3/4 pound pre-cooked smoked chicken or turkey sausage links*
- 1 can (15 ounces) READ German Potato Salad
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Chopped parsley, optional
Makes 4 servings.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add onion and bell pepper. Cook and stir 1 minute. Add sausages; continue cooking 5 minutes until browned and heated through, turning occasionally. Remove sausages from skillet.
- Add potato salad and black pepper to skillet. Stir to combine with onion mixture. Return sausages to skillet. Cook 2 to 3 minutes to heat through. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
*Other smoked sausage such as Polish or kielbasa can be substituted.
Per serving (1/4 of recipe): 333 calories; 25 g protein; 30 g carbohydrate; 13 g fat; 1123 mg sodium; 83 mg cholesterol; 1 g dietary fiber; 2 mg iron; 0.03 mg thiamin; 1354 IU vitamin A; 26 mg vitamin C.