- 2 cans (15 ounces each) READ Southwestern Bean Salad
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 12 soft corn or flour tortillas (6 to 8 inch diameter)
- 2 cups prepared salsa verde
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- sour cream, chopped avocado, fresh chopped cilantro, lime wedges, optional
Makes 6 servings.
- Drain 1 can of salad; discard liquid. Place in food processor. Process until pureed but still slightly chunky.
- In large bowl, stir together pureed salad, second can of salad with liquid, and ground cumin. Spoon mixture evenly down center of tortillas. Roll up and place seam-side down in 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour salsa verde evenly over enchiladas. Top with cheese. Cover with foil. Bake at 350°F 30 minutes. Remove foil; continue baking 10 to 15 minutes until beginning to brown around edges. Let stand about 10 minutes before serving with optional toppings, if desired.
Per serving (1/6 of recipe): 418 calories; 15 g protein; 53 g carbohydrate; 16 g fat; 1438 mg sodium; 27 mg cholesterol; 9 g dietary fiber; 15 mg iron; 0.06 mg thiamin; 1224 IU vitamin A; 3 mg vitamin C.