- 2 cans (15 ounces each) READ Southwestern Bean Salad
- 1 pre-baked pizza crust (10 to 12-inch diameter)
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled (about 1/4 cup crumbled)
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup thin bell pepper strips (1/4-inch thick), any color or combination
- 3/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend, Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Chopped avocado, optional
- Sour cream, optional
Makes 8 to 10 servings.
- Drain bean salads. Place half of beans in bowl of food processor; process until pureed but chunky.
- Spread puree evenly over pizza crust. Spoon remaining drained beans over puree. Sprinkle with bacon and bell pepper, then cheese.
- Bake as directed on pizza crust package until heated through and cheese is melted, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chopped cilantro. Serve with avocado and sour cream, if desired.
Per serving (1/8 of recipe): 276 calories; 11 g protein; 35 g carbohydrate; 10 g fat; 648 mg sodium; 14 mg cholesterol; 5 g dietary fiber; 11 mg iron; 0.02 mg thiamin; 575 IU vitamin A; 7 mg vitamin C.