- 1 can (15 ounces) READ Southwestern Bean Salad, drained but not rinsed (some liquid should remain)
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 small avocado, chopped
- 1 small jalapeno, minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup queso fresco crumbled cheese
- Tortilla chips, sliced jicama, pita chips, vegetables
Makes 3 cups, about 2 tablespoons per serving.
- Place all ingredients, except cheese, in medium bowl. Stir gently to combine.
- Transfer to serving bowl/dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve with chips and vegetables, as desired.
Per serving (2 tablespoons): 30 calories; less than 1 g protein; 3 g carbohydrate; 1.5 g fat; 45 mg sodium; 0 mg cholesterol; less than 1 g dietary fiber; 1.5 mg iron; 0 mg thiamin; 90 IU vitamin A; 2 mg vitamin C.