- 1 can (15 ounces) READ Southwestern Bean Salad
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- Bean Salad (see recipe below)
- Chopped fresh cilantro
Makes 4 servings.
- Drain bean salad. Place bean salad in large bowl; reserve. Place liquid in medium bowl. For marinade, stir together bean liquid, lime juice, garlic, oil, zest, salt, if desired, black pepper, and red pepper, if desired.
- Place chicken in large food-safe plastic bag or place in single layer in glass dish. Add marinade; coat chicken well. Close bag or cover dish. Marinate, refrigerated, 1 hour up to 6 hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade. Place on grill over medium coals or medium setting on gas grill. Grill about 12 to 15 minutes, turning once, or, broil in oven 5 to 6 inches from heat about 6 minutes per side, or until chicken is cooked through. Serve with Bean Salad. May be served immediately after cooking or chilled. Sprinkle with cilantro just before serving.
Per serving of chicken only (1/4 of recipe): 167 calories; 27 g protein; 1 g carbohydrate; 5 g fat; 117 mg sodium; 73 mg cholesterol; 0 g dietary fiber; 1 mg iron; 0.07 mg thiamin; 23 IU vitamin A; 2 mg vitamin C.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Reserved Southwestern Bean Salad
- 1 large tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Makes 4 servings.
- In large bowl, combine bean salad, tomato and cilantro. Toss gently. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Per serving of Bean Salad (1/4 of recipe): 120 calories; 5 g protein; 18 g carbohydrate; 4 g fat; 299 mg sodium; 0 mg cholesterol; 5 g dietary fiber; 11 mg iron; 0.02 mg thiamin; 992 IU vitamin A; 8 mg vitamin C.