- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, 1 inch thick, trimmed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 can (15 ounces) READ German potato salad
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
Makes 4 servings.
- Cut beef steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/8-inch slices. Toss with lemon pepper and garlic to coat evenly. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in large (12-inch) nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add half the beef and stir-fry 2 minutes, or until outside of beef is no longer pink. Remove and set aside. Repeat with remaining beef mixture, adding 1 teaspoon more oil, if necessary. Remove beef and reserve.
- Heat remaining oil in same skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, 5 to 7 minutes until softened. Stir in potato salad. Return beef to skillet; stir in tomatoes, peas, sour cream and basil; cook until heated through, about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper.
Ground Beef & Potato Skillet Variation:
Substitute 1 pound lean ground beef for the steak. Omit olive oil. Brown ground beef, onion and garlic in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until beef is no longer pink, 8 to 10 minutes; drain. Season with lemon pepper. Stir in potato salad. Stir in tomatoes, peas, sour cream and basil; cook until heated through. Season with salt and pepper
Per serving (1/4 of recipe): 394 calories; 34g carbohydrate; 26g protein; 17g fat; 762mg sodium; 76mg cholesterol; 3g dietary fiber; 3mg iron; 0.2mg thiamin; 1442IU Vitamin A; 8mg Vitamin C.