- 1 can (15 ounces) READ 3 or 4 Bean Salad
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 package (about 10 ounces) mixed salad greens with carrots
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled, about 1/4 cup, optional
- Shaved Parmesan or Asiago cheese, optional
Makes 4 servings.
- Drain bean salad well; reserve 1/2 cup liquid in small bowl. For dressing, whisk together bean liquid and lemon juice, then whisk in oil. Add pepper, as desired.
- Place salad greens in bowl. Add bean salad and bacon. Add dressing, as desired. Toss gently to coat. Arrange on platter; top with shaved cheese, if desired.
Variation: Top salad with sliced grilled chicken, then top with cheese.
Per serving (1/4 of recipe): 153 calories; 2 g protein; 20 g carbohydrate; 7 g fat; 389 mg sodium; 0 mg cholesterol; 4 g dietary fiber; 2 mg iron; 0 mg thiamin; 4587 IU vitamin A; 22 mg vitamin C.